Saturday 3 November 2012

Fireworks, people and Lux Live

Saturday 3rd November, and it is (for many), the weekend they attend a firworks display. Some of you may even remember Guy Fawkes and an attempt to blow up parliament! Like a lot of things, people sometimes enjoy the celebration, but miss the point of what it is about. I'll come back to that observation from time to time. It brings me nicely to my photograph this week. Taking pictures of fireworks exploding into the night sky is not too difficult with a decent camera. I am staggered the way our eyes can deal with it all, the colour, light dark, movement. A black sky suddenly burst into light. So I often watch the display through my camera viewfinder, but still enjoy it. I like this photograph because it not only shows a burst of spectacular patterns, but looks like two trees made of light shining in the dark sky.


One of the things I said in my speech at the lighting sunnit, was how important people are. The ILP is about people. I say this, because I wanted to mention Jo Tutt, who worked at the ILP Head Office at Rugby and was a huge help to me in getting ready for the summit. Jo has left the ILP to go and be a teacher, so I just wanted to use my blog to say "thank you Jo for your good work for the ILP and I wish you all the best for your future career in teaching".

Finally. Next week is Lux Live. I will be there for both days. Come and see the team on the ILP stand and have a chat. I will be taking part in a discussion forum on highway lighting on tuesday, giving a paper on wednesday morning on lighting and planning, where it is going and presenting an award to the Society of Light and Lighting (SLL) young lighter competition winner. Our immediate past President Allan Howard will also be presenting a paper at the same wednesday session as myself, so we hope to see you there. It should be good and I hope to see you there.
Have a great week.
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment