Friday 16 November 2012

Cupola's and seeing is believing

It's is late friday evening, been a busy week and I have an early start, so I am doing my blog tonight. Definitely some rather sad dull days towards the end of this week, so I thought I might just give you a hot sunny picture I took in Mosta in Malta. Those of you who know St Paul's cathedral will have seen the magnificant dome. The curved dome section section is sometimes called a cupola. See cross section through showing the construction.

It was blistering hot 38 degrees C, and I had parked up about a mile from the town centre and managed to get lost in the maze of streets before finally arriving at the square where the chuch   Duomo di Mosta: St. Mary o la Rotunda with one of the biggest cupola's in europe. It is huge 39m in diameter. Fantastic sun drenched architecture sitting against a nice warm sky and some european lighting units sit in front of it. I 'll be showing some diving pics of Malta in later blogs

Next week I will be going to Seeing is believing. It is mentioned on the ILP website, and is an opportunity to let other people, with highway based lighting disciplines, know about the ILP. You also might want to check the ILP website out for the competency framework document. We are busy promoting the Institution and I am involved in some of forward planning. Have a good week. Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment