Saturday 10 November 2012

Autumn and Lux Live

A wet, dull autumnal saturday morning, but the promise of sunshine later. I do like the american phrase "the fall" when the leaves turn colour prior to falling. Some amazing stunning colours that you will only see at this time of year. I am sure many of you, like me, enjoy getting out for a walk, to take in the colours and the see the leaves on trees all changing. The photograph is of one leaf, with the sun light on it, so the colour and texture is there to see and enjoy. It might not show on the blog version, but there are flies and other small insects taking in the sun and using the leaf as a refuge. Yet sadly the colours fade and the leaf will fall and provide compost.

 
 
I spent two very useful days at Lux Live and met a lot of people. Those of you that went, I hope, were as pleased as I was with the whole diversity and range of the stands with all the products that were available to look at and discuss. I was particularly impressed with the ILP stand and the number of people that came and had discussions and took information packs. I think the message that we are about promting lighting from all areas and disciplines is slowly getting out there. I learnt so much from conversations with people that know about lighting and at the same time realise that so many people need to be able show to clients and third parties,  that they have knowledge and experience and can back that up with some sort of qualification. Our core values of education,training and being able to have members that can demostrate competency is our strength. Have a good week. Pete
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment