Saturday 16 March 2013

A busy President

I am sitting in the kitchen watching a lesser spotted woodpecker getting peanuts from a bird feeder. It is stunning and I feel very privelged. Heading towards spring, although, snow and a cold week may make you think otherwise!


A very useful Executive Board Meeting, with several clear strategies being developed, some of which I will be speaking about next week at the first AGM of the year - the London & South eastern Region. Looking forward to meeting everbody and see Eddie Henry become the new Chairman. I am delighted the dinner after the AGM is sold out and the event promises to be a sucess - well if you survive my AGM speech!!

Went to the Lightmongers Annual Members Dinner and was able to present to their Master - John Harding an Honorary Membership Certificate. A worthy recipient.

Next week is also Council - chaired by Senior Vice President -Mark Johnson. This is one of the key meetings of the year, as all the Vice Presidents and Councillors from each region, get together to discuss ILP strategy and how the various strands will be developed and taken forward by the appropriate VP. I hope you have been feeding into your region with issues that your Councillor can take to this meeting.

I have also got a lot of reading to do. I now have my copy of Professional Lighting Guide 04-Guidance on Undertaking Environmental Lighting Impact Assessments.  Working as a Local Authority Lighting Professional, I get involved in planning and lighting and this guidnace will be very useful.

I have also got my copy of BS 5489 - Part 1 :2013, which again has taken lighting forward and taken into account the latest knowledge and thinking.

Will also be attending a Professional Industry Partners discussion forum on Obtrusive light. Something that is so critical in understanding the impact of light of people - back to PLG04 again. This will be written up and published in the LJ.

Last thing to mention is the Charles Marques Memorial Lecture - see the website for information on Professor Semir Zeki - and what promises to be a fascinating talk on subject truths - how do we see colour. Have a read on the ILP website news page and don't forget to book your place at what I think is going to be a very special Charles Marques Memoral Lecture - well I would say that wouldn't I.  have a great week. Pete
 

No comments:

Post a Comment