Sunday 3 February 2013

Changing seasons

The nights have begun to draw out. It is nice to have a little more light in the early evenings. We might live in a 24 seven society, but some things are still done by the seasons of spring, summer, autumn and winter. This is the time of year for the cutting back hedges and getting an overgrown ditch next to our  garden, dug out and cleared of brambles, nettles  and ivy. The ditch looks good, but I am paying the price - sore back.

I have been staggered by the number of creatures that are looking for food. I posted a photograph of birds feeding on the fallen crabapples. Well, now the snow has gone there is still a carpet of crab apples, and we have a small deer (muntjac) coming into the garden to eat the apples - amazing.

This March Trix and I  will have lived in our cottage for a year and will have gone through our first year of seasons in the country side. I am looking forward to early sunrises and late sunsets. So I am glad the winter is coming to an end and spring is ready to come in. When I get the time, I like to fish, so in anticpation of early mornings at a lake, here is a picture of the last fish (carp) I caught a couple of summers ago. I think this may be the last fish I caught. Been busy!!


 
Last week was Executive Board, and we continue to deal with the challenges of limited budget.
 
One of the things that has also come out of recent discussions with members is how to show inclusiveness to all our members. I would like to make it clear that being an Associate Member, Member or Fellow does not require an applicant necessarily going for Engineering Council registration at EngTech, I Eng or CEng. Engineering Council Registration will require compliance with either the technical qualifications or a technical report, which has to meet EC criteria and be assessed accordingly. Some of you may want to upgrade from Affiliate to Associate Member or Member without EC registration - this is an option, but will require an upgrade application, an assessment of knowledge/experience, but this can be work based as well as through qualifications. So if you want to upgrade and don't necessarily want EC Regisration, then give the ILP a ring.
 
This week is Regional Officers, so I look forward to meeting Regional Secretaries and Vice Chairs - should be interesting. This meeting happens to be on the same day as the CIBSE Awards in the  evening. So I intend to be at the awards representing the ILP.  Have a good week . Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment