Saturday 13 October 2012

sunrise and council

I have been thinking a bit about how to use this blog and have decided it will work at two levels. I think blogs should be informal and personal, so there will be two parts to each of my blogs. part one will be personal and the other about the ILP and my weekly role within it.

One thing I love to do is take photographs. I guess a picture is really all about light and the surfaces it reflects off before reaching my eye as I look through the camera's viewfinder. (I use a Nikon D90 with a range of lenses) I see things in terms of images and so each blog will have one picture that I have taken. Through the year it will built up into a diverse range of things I photograph. This  morning, Saturday 13th October, I took this sunrise from my bedroom window. I live in the country and am amazingly privileged to see some stunning and spectacular sunrises. Those of you that were at the Celebration dinner will remember Debra Searle speaking about watching sunrises and sunsets and how it touched her in relation to her faith in a creator God. A bit the same with me. I hope you like it.
The coming week has Council. This is when the Vice Presidents,Councillors and Executive Board come together to discuss strategy and progress. Out of the meeting will come new areas of strategy that will be considered and worked into the various VPs areas of responsibility. I stressed how important people are within the ILP and this is a key meeting. As members your regional Councillor will be feeding into the various strands of strategy, that will become policy and vision for the Institution. Spare a thought for the people that commit time and energy to your institution.
Have a good week
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment