Saturday 27 April 2013

It's about people

Sitting at my kitchen table, I am looking out over a sea of beautiful white plum blossom. Lots to still do in the garden, but it is taking shape. Missed my blog last week as I took a short break in Portugal. Refreshed, I have returned and had two engagements to carry out.

Firstly I went over to the Exterior Lighting Diploma (ELD) Course to present an Honorary Member Certficate to Malcolm Mackness, lecturer on the ELD course. This was Malcom's last lecture, and it was a privelge to honour him. Malcolm taught me, when I did the course many years ago. Malcom has lectured for over thirty years. I know that the ILP, many others and myself are grateful for all that Malcolm has given to the Institution.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Anthony Smith, who has taken on Malcolm's lecturing duties.

Great to see the ELD continuing to be such a success. I would also like to thank Jean Norton who has taken on the running of the course. I need to keep her sweet, as she books my flights and hotels!

Second engagment was  the North Eastern Region AGM, which was held at the Black Sheep Brewery at Masham. The do brew a good pint!! I was delighted to be there and see Emily Bolt become the first Lady Chairman. Well done Emily, wishing you and the Region a great year. I will be going back to their Dinner Dance, and I am hoping to get to one of their technical seminars, when Anthony Smith speaks about Durham Cathedral lighting. Should be good!!



Next week is Executive Board and then up to Scotland for the Scottish Region AGM.

I hope you the reader have a good week.
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment