Saturday 8 December 2012

Time Out!

It is only when you don't have something or it does not do what you expect that you notice it! I have already mentioned this in relating to lighting  - when it goes out that it is noticed and the users kick off!. While this week , the computer network at my work has been playing up. I have a fast machine, because I do computer aided design(CAD) and things got slower and slower. The IT team are trying to figure it out. I say all this because even emails are getting difficult. I hit the reply button and then wait a minute (yes 60 seconds)  before I can reply. I get a lot of emails, and the ILP hotline is pretty busy at the moment. There are lots of things that the Executive Board (EB) are working with at the moment. Next week is the last EB  meeting of this year, and as ususal a lot of business and items to work through.

As members, your EB does a huge amount of back office work, you don't always see it, but like the computer system, it has to work. So emails are one of our vital comminication devices and slow emails are a little frustrating!!

Sometimes though, it is good to not always just react. Sometimes just stopping and thinking about an issue can be the best way. So if you have a busy day and you have just taken a couple of minutes to stop  then here is a picture for you. Just stop and take in the view!
 I did when I took this picture -  I can still remember the warm sun, the smells and the view.


I love walking in the peak district when I have time. Next week I will be showing you some tunnel lighting pics along the one of the old railway lines. Have a good week.
Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment