Monday 29 September 2014

the first of many?

My first post as the Institutions President - its been four days since the summit in Solihull and once again I would like to record my thanks to all of the staff at Rugby for the tremendous event they hosted last week.

During my address, I used a phrased that was immortalised by  Tony Blair "Education Education Education" this has to become the watchwords for the Institution and is my aim for for my term in office. 

I spoke often with many members during the summit regarding my plans for lesson plans and a toolkit to be produced so that you can sign up as a STEM Ambassador (more details here http://www.stemnet.org.uk/) to arrange to visit schools and talk to children about your life as a lighting engineer / designer, it is an extremely rewarding experience and I would encourage more of you to take up this challenge.

I also announced that there will be a vacancy for Vice President Events, as Alan 
Jacques has taken up the role as Vice President - Highways and Infrastructure, I wish him well in this new role, which has great importance in representing the Lighting Engineers of the institution and will play a huge role in promoting the institution into other areas of infrastructure with education and membership. If you would like to apply for the role of VP Events, keep an eye on the website https://www.theilp.org.uk/home/ and the weekly newsletters for more details shortly, please get involved!

I am very happy to have announced that we also have a new Vice President for Education, Stuart Green, although relatively new to the institution, has a wealth of experience in education and lighting http://staff.southwales.ac.uk/users/1948-spgreen and he has started developing his vision for the future with a number of short term tasks to accomplish within this demanding area, once again if you wish to have a say in the future of this core area area for the institution and can help out, please volunteer and get in touch, we will pass your details to Stuart!

I would like to finish this first blog, by once again saying how proud I am to be have been made President of our institution, Please feel free to contact me via email or via twitter @mclight0112 

I cannot thank enough, my employer iGuzzini for the support over the last year and also their ongoing support over this coming year, thanks again

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment