Monday 23 September 2013

Marks 1st blog

The ILP Summit at Glasgow

 

Welcome to my first blog as ILP President
It seems like only yesterday we were in Glasgow for the summit yet almost two weeks have passed so I must apologize for the delay in posting my thoughts.
Despite the time elapsed I am still on a high from the event and extremely thankful for the encouragement and support from so many of my peers and friends. I just want to take the opportunity via this blog to say THANK YOU to you all.

I will not apologize for saying this yet again but a huge thank you must go to Jess, Jo & Chantal(who were at the event) to all the HQ team involved with the event, to Alan Jaques (VP Events) and finally to Richard Frost for making sure I was ok! all have worked so hard to make the summit the success it was.

To the Thistle Hotel staff - fantastic venue, fantastic service and great food.

To the Exhibiters - I am glad I had time to visit you all and to say thank you. Your support is so appreciated and a huge thank you to those who have already signed up for next years summit in Solihull.

To the speakers and Session Chairs – Thank you all, some fantastic and informative papers and for those of you that didn’t see Doctor Peter Hughes from Primary Engineers you missed something very unique!!!.

The celebration dinner – Great food, great company Thank you to Peter Hughes and Bailie Allan Stewart who kept me entertained with their stories and to the amazing mind of Drew McAdam I still don’t know how he got Steve Anderson Number!.
Finally to the award winners well done all.  

I hope all who attended the summit enjoyed it as much as I did.
On Tuesday(10th Sept) of this week following an Executive Board Meeting the Board attended the launch of Light School. This event will be part of the Surface Design Show at BDC in February next year. The event is being run by Light Collective Light School consists of three parts: The School Room, Product School and the School Newspaper.
The aim of Light School is to provide you with some education about lighting design and lighting products. Light and Surface are inseparable partners and they want you to leave the show having learnt something that will change the way you see light.
They have asked leading members of the lighting design community to take a lesson in the school room. They want to explain how light works, why we love it and why you should too. Come and be inspired…
More details will follow
Finally I am now on twitter you can follow me  @mjrugby1968
Until next time
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment