Sunday 2 June 2013

7th AGM - Irish Region

In the middle of last week, I attended the SLL AGM and awards. My congratulations to Iain McCrae for a good year as the SLL President. We met at several events and even had a glass of whisky together at the Scottish Spring meeting. I wish Kevin kelly all the best,  as the new SLL President.

Not long before I hand over to Mark Johnson at Glasgow. I also wish Mark Cooper well as he is the SVP designate. Mark's role as VP Membership is available. Put your name forward if you think this is a role you could do.

I have just got back from a fantastic few days in Ireland. The Irish Region AGM, dinner and technical seminar was held at the Marine Hotel, Howth. A great venue and my congratulations to Michael Doherty for a sucessful year as Chairman. I wish the new Chairman, Colm Carton all the best in his year. It was a well organised AGM and John Walsh gave an excellent presentation on CMS. My thanks to Paddy Craven for all his hard work as the Region's Secretary. Not only a past Chairman and past ILP President, but still working hard for the ILP in the Irish Region.

Not only did the AGM and dinner go well, but I was able to get 18 holes in at Howth Golf Club. Picture below gives you an idea of the spectacular views overlooking Howth and beyond to Dublin.
 
 

I have been enjoying the weekend and today June 1st is the first day of summer, so I hope we all have agreat summer!!
 
Don't forget Lightscene at Uttoxeter on the 4th June.
 
I won't be blogging next weekend as I am away walking in the Peak District.
Have a great week. Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment